A bundle of twigs is not a tree : lesson sample (slide 8)
<back> <next slide>
To buy your copy of A bundle of twigs is not a tree, click on the ISBNs: paperback 9781836154105 - eBook 9781836154112
Imam al-Shafi‘i said, “I detest that a man of the people of just cause should deliberately kill one of his kinsfolk from amongst the people of rebellion. Moreover, if he should hold back from killing his father, one of his kinsfolk or his brother from amongst the associators, I do not detest him doing that; rather I love him for it. That is because the Prophet ﷺ held Abu Hudhayfah ibn ‘Utbah back from killing his father and also Abu Bakr, on the day of Uhud, from killing his father. قَالَ وَأَكْرَهُ لِلْعَدْلِيِّ أَنْ يَعْمِدَ قَتْلَ ذِي رَحِمِهِ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْبَغْيِ وَلَوْ كَفَّ عَنْ قَتْلِ أَبِيهِ أَوْ ذِي رَحِمِهِ أَوْ أَخِيهِ مِنْ أَهْلِ الشِّرْكِ لَمْ أَكْرَهْ ذَلِكَ لَهُ بَلْ أُحِبُّهُ وَذَلِكَ أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ ﷺ كَفَّ أَبَا حُذَيْفَةَ بْنَ عُتْبَةَ عَنْ قَتْلِ أَبِيهِ وَأَبَا بَكْرٍ يَوْمَ أُحُدٍ عَنْ قَتْلِ أَبِيهِ
Comments
Post a Comment